four over six years after our arrival we’re living the dream.
It’s a wonderful life but we miss family and friends. This blog is really for them to tell them our tales of everyday life balancing work and life in our dream home in New Zealand. But whoever you are, you are most welcome to step into the world of the Domestic Executive. Here are a few things people often ask us about our dream life.
- Live on 6 acres of land with beautiful views overlooking regional council forestry land in Kaitoke, Nr Wellington New Zealand
- Built our house, a colonial style homestead complete with mod cons that went on to win a Master Builders Gold Award in 2009
- I run a business from home – I’m a management consultant and professional coach. MT commutes to Wellington which is around 60km away. He travels by train and has plenty of commuting woes which he tweets about on his Micro-blog, The Soapbox.
- Have a menagerie of animals: one rooster, 3, 10, 9, 7, 8
76 hens and two basset hounds
- Have built a kitchen garden that’s going to feed us in years to come -it’s our backyard pantry
- Are working our way through a to do list to manage our land that will last us at least 15 years!